GUI Editors for D

Tofu Ninja emmons0 at purdue.edu
Sat Jan 25 10:09:15 PST 2014

On Saturday, 25 January 2014 at 18:00:48 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
> I know this is a perennial question, but I thought I'd ask
> again to see if the answer has changed.
>
> I am pissed off with CodeBlocks, since it seems difficult to
> install the latest version without the possibility of breaking
> your existing one (10.04). I don't want to go there, since
> despite its annoying bugs, it lets me work on my project, and I
> want to continue to do that.
>
> I quite like Bluefish, but the situation there is even worse.
> An attempt to install 2.2.4 from the repo suggested on their
> web site offers to install 2.5 beta.
>
> I could revert to Gedit and a makefile, but it has really
> rudimentary facilities for marking blocks of code, or for
> duplicating them.
>
> Eclipse is sooo slow - Java I presume. That's reserved for
> Android development, which I'm off at the moment.
>
> I don't have Visual Studio, so the plug-in for that is out.
>
> Maybe MonoDevelop, but the blurb for that uses terms like
> ASP.NET, which immediately puts me off.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks Steve

I use monoD and it is by far the best IDE for D that I have
tried, I have tried to mess with Visual D on 3 different
occasions but I have never got it working properly and I didn't
want to use eclipse either as it is kinda bloated. Its super
simple as well, just get monoDevelop running and download the D
plugin from the plugin manager, set your paths and your done.