GUI Editors for D

Chris Williams yoreanon-chrisw at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jan 27 14:43:14 PST 2014

On Linux, Mono-D seems to be pretty decent if you can actually
figure out how to install the thing.

Personally, I go with Geany+KDbg.

Geany is lightweight, supports D syntax, provides tabs, file
browsing, projects, built-in command promp, folder search, and
regex search and replace. If you want it to build or debug, you
can set up some command line statements that you apply to buttons
in the toolbar. Note: You need to install an extra plugin to gain
project abilities.

Though not listed as one of the D-capable debuggers, KDbg seemed
to just straight off work out of the box, giving me better
control of the location of breakpoints, more watchable variables,
and the ability to see the address of pointers at the same time
as being able to edit the location of the View Memory panel
(unfortunately, no debugger seemed to support the ability to copy
and paste memory addresses). Working on Phobos, it was able to
successfully find and accept source files from both my test
application and Phobos. Other debuggers seemed to only be able to
find one or the other.