[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue Jan 28 03:03:14 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 10:28:02 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 09:50:19 UTC, Chris wrote:

> I have never used BSD-based systems and have no idea abut its
> internal affairs. Linux is better for desktops simply because
> it has bigger community. But any time I read something akin to
> "GPL license is so much more free than BSD" I immediately mark
> author as terribly biased and possibly ignorant whatever else
> he has to say.

I read the following blog (or rant?) too

http://aboutthebsds.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/bsd-and-stallmans-four-freedoms/

and don't know, if the author has a point. Big companies will
always try to sue everyone for everything.

And here's a lengthy discussion about the issue:

http://beta.slashdot.org/story/6106

(and elsewhere if you care to google it)

I'm no expert but I'm sure there are pitfalls with both licenses.