Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 04:26:52 PDT 2014

On 07/07/14 12:20, Alix Pexton wrote:

> Which one, Package or Sourcefile or both?

Both, actually.

> These are what I'm currently using myself, but I'm not 100% happy with
> how they appear when small. I'm trying to work with in the constraints
> that that seem to have emerged over what elements of the logo must be
> retained in order to preserve the D Brand.

Yeah, that's the problem. Actually, looking at the document icons on OS
X, for a file containing C code it's just a document with some code and
a large "C" on the document. Nothing that has anything to do with a
logo. I just thought that I would be nice if we had a logo that could
work as a document icon as well. But perhaps it's just better to follow
the system or text editor conventions.

--
/Jacob Carlborg