critique of vibe.d

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 10 07:15:18 PDT 2014

@Adam

At the moment, I'm looking into web development frameworks (from
Foundation to CMSes to sever side solutions etc.), because in the
months / years to come we (as in "the team I work in") will need
a solid website.

Ideally, it would be PHP-free and not need much Javascript
development (with Foundation you get some cool stuff via jQuery
without having to bother with JS too much).

Your work on dom.d and web.d are a good starting point. What
keeps me from using vibe.d + dom.d + web.d is the fact that it
wouldn't be easy to transfer the tasks to someone who doesn't
know D (= 99% of all web developers, I suppose). I cannot expect
a web guy to learn D. However, I don't want to go down the same
old PHP path again. PHP is inherently messy.*

*(How about interpreting JS through D as a server side language?
Or something similar. Just thinking aloud).