Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 07:35:59 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 04:17:16PM +0200, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 7/10/14, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > The simplest thing do for each and every member of this community is
> > to have accounts on all social news sites (twitter, facebook,
> > reddit, hackernews) and discuss _there_ things instead of replying
> > to announcements internally.
>
> We like talking here because it's a small but friendly group, and we
> all know each other to the extent that we can (most of the time) tell
> when someone is being sarcastic or is just having a bad day.
>
> It's like having dinner with the family vs having dinner with a bunch
> of strangers.
>
> Also, I'm tired of the constant "what do you think about D vs Rust vs
> Go" crap that is always asked on Reddit. The D forums kick ass, the
> people here are great.

I agree. The sense of community in these forum is what draws me to
participate; normally I don't like posting things online.

Having said that, though, I do try to post things I find interesting on
google+ every now and then. (Though in practice that turns out to be
once every few months, which is probably too infrequent to be
significant.)

There is no gravity. The earth sucks.