Review: std.logger

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 10:09:04 PDT 2014

Haven't had a chance to look closely at the new version yet, but looks
pretty good.  Couple initial comments:

* Definite vote for std.experimental.  Should get a bunch of folks to bang
on it before the API has to be locked down.  Having it as a dub package
first has made it much easier to pick up and use, feel like this is a good
path for all std packages to take - get it out there and iterate with user
input before pulling in to std.

* The 'Tracer' doesn't feel like it belongs here, and if I understand
things correctly won't actually work properly anyway, so should probably be
removed.

* What others have said about string formatting.  I poked around with this
a bit before, but wasn't able to get a clean solution, should probably try
again before complaining...