Review: std.logger

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 10:17:49 PDT 2014

> > Not everyone will ever get satisfied.
> Indeed. I can only compromise so much, until it becomes compromised.

Naming is one of the two hard problems (along with cache invalidation and
off-by-one errors).

We can argue about these things forever, but ultimately all that really
matters is: does it do what we need?  As long as the API works, and lets
one build fancier functionality underneath, it is good.  (Though, in my
experience, any API written will be wrong the first try)

That said, my bikeshed preferences are:
 - namespaced log.info, log.warning, etc
 - info(f) matching write(f)
 - conditionals as an extension/wrapper, not part of base