Review: std.logger

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 11:40:29 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 17:02:59 UTC, Jeremy Powers via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The stated goal of this log library is to provide a base with
> common useful
> functionality, in a way that can be extended to fit more
> complicated use
> cases.  I'd argue that what you are talking about fits into the
> 'more
> complicated' - the log API should definitely allow this, in a
> way that it
> can be plugged in without log using code having to change, but
> I don't
> believe the functionality needs to be in the base library (at
> this time).

Getting things changed is more difficult than getting it right
from the start. As far as I am concerned it is crucial in the
sense that if it does not support severity levels and easy
integration with existing logging services then I probably won't
use it.