[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 03:38:12 PDT 2014

Am 28.07.2014 09:18, schrieb Gary Willoughby:
> On Sunday, 27 July 2014 at 16:59:15 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> I really wish you'd stop with this destructive attitude. Yes, the web
>> design part is not ready for prime time, but it's definitely a big
>> step forward already in many aspects, IMO.
>
> Since when is the truth destructive?

"completely the wrong way to design anything.", "current design look
ridiculous", "poor amateurish design", "i wish you would stop right now"
- all of those comments look pretty destructive to me. Truth or not
doesn't have to have anything to do with being destructive or
constructive. Most of the time there is a good truth and a bad truth and
just focusing on the bad side can be pretty destructive.

What I'd wish for would be something like s/i wish you would stop right
now/i'd suggest to .../g - or maybe pledge for a professional web
designer? Just something that brings us forward instead of just
promoting stagnancy.