[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 10:25:06 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 10:38:12 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> "completely the wrong way to design anything.", "current design
> look ridiculous", "poor amateurish design", "i wish you would
> stop right now" - all of those comments look pretty destructive
> to me.

No, that's the truth! You can sugar coat it all you want but at
the end of the day you have to be blunt and honest if you want
professional results.

I did in fact start conversing with w0rp in a more congenial
manner but his childish attitude was when i decided to stop
pulling punches. My first comment was to suggest some javascript
libraries which was ignored. Then i pleaded with w0rp to use the
correct logo and colors. Which was then dismissed as he thought
*his* logo was better than the official one.

See the first reply in this post in which i outlined my position:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/txdzebqxljlvjremintv@forum.dlang.org

and tell me again who is being destructive. In that same thread
Walter is quoted as saying: "All excellent points, and I agree
with you on all of them. And I like the current logo, and want to
keep it." and yet w0rp still insists on going forward with this
terrible design.

> Truth or not doesn't have to have anything to do with being
> destructive or constructive. Most of the time there is a good
> truth and a bad truth and just focusing on the bad side can be
> pretty destructive.

You're joking right? Anyone can see it's terrible and needs to be
done better. There are no versions of truth!

> What I'd wish for would be something like s/i wish you would
> stop right now/i'd suggest to .../g - or maybe pledge for a
> professional web designer? Just something that brings us
> forward instead of just promoting stagnancy.

I tried but was immediately dismissed.