New Github Issues

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 23:53:29 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 06:32:15 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> I'm thinking along the lines of:
> - Needs review
> - Needs work

Makes sense if we agree to add those only if nothing happens with
pull for relatively long time - otherwise it means lot of useless
routine of switching back and forth between "needs review" and
"needs work".

> - Needs enhancement approval

Reason why I have named it "needs-decision" (can't have
whitespaces in labels afaik) is that it is not necessarily an
enhancement stuff - sometimes bug fixes
can be also very controversial.

> Now that we actually get a list pull requests have been
> assigned to a certain user, it makes sense to use that feature
> too.

Assignment does not really mean much for pure pull requests, in
absence of issue tracking - only for rare cases when review is
needed by certain qualified person.

What is more important, in my opinion, is that now we can use
Milestones for grouping release regression fixes instead of
encoding that info in title and doing "ping @AndrewEdwards" all
the time.