New Github Issues

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 29 00:18:38 PDT 2014

"Dicebot"  wrote in message news:efrstwsylpujuyycwcgs at forum.dlang.org...

> Makes sense if we agree to add those only if nothing happens with pull for
> relatively long time - otherwise it means lot of useless routine of
> switching back and forth between "needs review" and "needs work".

Yeah, I just want an easy way of knowing which pulls are not worth looking
at, without having to open each one and read the comments to get the status.
If a pull is marked as needs-review and the autotester is passing, it's
probably

> Reason why I have named it "needs-decision" (can't have whitespaces in
> labels afaik) is that it is not necessarily an enhancement stuff -
> sometimes bug fixes
> can be also very controversial.

'Walter-blocked' is the true meaning.

> Assignment does not really mean much for pure pull requests, in absence of
> issue tracking - only for rare cases when review is needed by certain
> qualified person.

I wish they were rare.  In dmd at least.

What is more important, in my opinion, is that now we can use
> Milestones for grouping release regression fixes instead of encoding that
> info in title and doing "ping @AndrewEdwards" all the time.

This is probably a good idea.