Case for std.experimental

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 05:48:29 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 19:50:15 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> By the way, when you say "staging" I think of the Linux
> kernel's definition of staging [1] for driver and filesystem
> development.  It's just a bit confusing. :)  On the other hand,
> I still think their rules for staging have some merit as an
> example for Phobos to ad{a,o}pt.
>
> -Wyatt
>
> [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/324279/

I am using this term in a same sense as some Linux distros -
place for packages that are supposed to get to the main repo but
are not yet there. Sometimes it takes form of separate repository
users can optionally enable to have a look at upcoming stuff.

Linux kernel definition is similar but somewhat more specialized
to their development model.