[OT] Extra time spent

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 23:38:49 PDT 2014

On 03/06/14 20:14, Walter Bright wrote:

> I've damaged my ears from years of loud engines. I've read that most
> hearing damage comes from gunshots, rock concerts, and earphones. When
> using earphones in public, one tends to turn up the volume to drown out
> the ambient noise. Worrying about that, I just don't use earphones in
> public.

I avoid turning up the volume. I basically have the same volume I would
have in a room without any other noises, just a bit louder.

> The music is on 24/7 at home, so I don't miss not having it elsewhere.

I can't have music on at work and I don't like to wear headphones any
longer periods. Although I do have music on a home, as long as I don't
disturb anyone.

> But having an ereader has made traveling far more pleasant. Even long
> airline flights are much less of an endurance test when I've got my
> library with me.

Absolutely. When I go on any longer trips, when I have a baggage anyway,
I usually bring my tablet along as well.

--
/Jacob Carlborg