What can I do?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 5 11:10:41 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 06:01:32PM +0000, Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been using D for a while now and I would very much like to contribute
> to the development of the language. Here's the problem: I know next to
> nothing about compilers or anything related to language design. So, my
> question is, how can someone like me help?
[...]

	http://wiki.dlang.org/Get_involved

:-)

You don't have to know much about compilers or language design to be
able to contribute. You can look at the bugtracker
(http://d.puremagic.com/issues), for example, to find "low-hanging
fruit" -- bugs in Phobos that can be easily fixed. That's how I started
contributing to D.

Reading Phobos source code will help you understand much more about how
things work under the hood, and is actually a pleasant experience (for
the most part). Phobos is actually surprisingly readable as far as
language standard libraries go... (if you've ever had to read, say,
glibc source code, you'd know what I mean).

MASM = Mana Ada Sistem, Man!