[OT] Extra time spent

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 02:46:48 PDT 2014

On Friday, 6 June 2014 at 04:02:22 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Friday, 6 June 2014 at 02:21:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> On 6/5/2014 6:08 PM, deadalnix wrote:

>> My (completely unfounded) belief is that nobody *truly* likes
>> that stuff. ;)
>>

> That is not unfounded.
>
> When you ship music via hardware like CD, having a lot of choice
> cost money. So you need to have a large localized public (as
> nobody will drive 200km to buy a disc).
>
> As a result, the most economically efficient music is the not
> the
> one that some people like the most, but the one that people
> dislike the least.
>
> The same goes for broadcast medias like TV.
>
> Obviously, the internet era tend to change that quite a bit and
> people tend to be more selective over time.

True, true. People were used to drinking shit beer. Now that
there is a craft beer revolution and people _do_ have a choice,
they choose the good stuff over the big standard brands.

It is true, in most cases it is not "it's good, I like it", it's
"ok, it's the best of the worst, that's why I buy it". Funny
enough, some people defend shit, only because they're used to it.
Amazing.