[OT] Extra time spent

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 10 14:14:25 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 8 June 2014 at 17:04:34 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> That's also a great example of why IMO Hollywood and some of
> the newer western-style games often do a lousy job in music -
> the harder they try, the worse they do IMO. Aside from the one
> notable exception of Symphony of the Night, I can't stand
> orchestrated scores. They just sound generic at best. Great
> example of good music selection: The background music in the
> opening battle scene from first episode of Madoka Magica.
> Absolutely puts hollywood (and games like Uncharted 3 and Mario
> Galaxy) to shame.

That's "Magia" :) There are also interesting fan translations:
http://youtu.be/lu98k5vVP-Y http://youtu.be/b2Chwj5JEww

On Monday, 9 June 2014 at 16:37:18 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I like the clip-style, they don't fall off, they let me still
> hear what's going on around me, and they don't feel like ear
> tampons.
>
> Only problem is it's impossible to find good clip-ons. *All*
> the Sony clip-ons have horrible sound quality and they're ugly
> to boot. The Koss ones are the *only* ones I've ever found that
> actually sound decent, but they invariably stop working within
> a few months, and warranty replacements take several weeks and
> cost $6-$9 each time.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/SHE2650_28/-/overview - bought
these once and they work for years for me. Dunno, maybe I'm just
accurate or not picky about sound. Is there a reason why
headphones should break? Well, only cushions are tearing apart,
probably not designed to work so long.