Out of sight out of mind

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 13:51:59 PDT 2014

On 6/15/14, 4:13 PM, Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> While I agree that some of these points are true, what's not true is
> that the use of bugzilla and it's separateness from github is the
> cause.  Bugzilla has a similar set of features for categorization and
> future release management as github.  Having bugs tracked via github's
> issue tracker won't make the use of those types of features any more or
> less doable or easy.  Having the bugs tracked via github will not make
> it any easier to manage, just different.  What's missing is actually
> using those features, which is not inconsiderable work.

I am not suggesting that bugzilla is "the" cause, rather that the
separation of systems foster the condition. You are absolutely correct
though. Without people actually using the features it matters not what
system we use.

My proposal for using one homogeneous system is geared on the idea that
people doesn't care to admit that the problem exists or take initiative
to fix it if they never have to look at it. Presented with it everyday
however, "some" become motivated to take action to resolve the issue.

I cannot see how doing this would negatively impact the community.