Out of sight out of mind

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 17 07:32:54 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 17 June 2014 at 13:23:48 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> The issue I'm trying to solve is to make "issues" more visible
> to people who work on them. By putting those issues in the same
> location where developers work, they immediately become more
> visible. Does it solve the overall problem? No, definitely not!
> Doing so will not "MAKE" anyone properly categorize, update, or
> even look at those issues. But it does them more and therefore,
> garners more attention than if it were hidden away in a
> separate system.

I don't see it being resulting in more visibility. Maybe for
outsiders wanting check out the project and wanting to submit a
bug. But developers know where both are and start with Bugzilla,
then Github (a bug can be completed without ever touching Github,
and likely a command-line tool exists to author a pull request.)

Are you aware of the bugs NG which gets a new entry for each bug
and comment? This was the old way of reporting bugs... people may
even use it for tracking new bugs and development.