Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 01:52:57 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 08:13:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> From my perspective, it is like bug reports I'd often get for
> the compiler that consisted solely of:
>
>     "Your compiler doesn't work."
>
> It's just not helpful. There's nothing I can do with that.

Lol, I'd love to see your response to them.

> Also, D is a collaborative effort. If there's an issue that
> engages your interest, step up and help out. I simply cannot do
> everything. This n.g. is full of "you should do this, you
> should do that" largely directed at me. You guys want things to
> happen, make them happen!

I largely agree with this assessment, but would also like to
point out that while almost all programmers use compilers, very
few know how to improve one.  You can help by fleshing out the
dmd source guide so that it's better, then pointing people at it
when they demand stuff from you: ;)

http://wiki.dlang.org/DMD_Source_Guide

I know, more work for you and the few dmd contributors, but you
guys can help others get involved with better documentation for
dmd.