A Perspective on D from game industry

c0de517e via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 13:55:27 PDT 2014

> You can casually mention how much of a wasted efforts and daily
> inconvenience such attitude causes to your co-workers (in a
> gentle non-intrusive way!). You can start acting _as if_
> mentality is different instead of going the route of imaginary
> pragmatism.
>
> In practice acting intentionally irrational is the only way to
> break the prisoner's dillema and the way people have influenced
> the culture and mentality all the time.

I would fight irrational choices, that's agreeable. But the thing
is that the technical plane is not the only thing to consider
when making rational choices.
It is totally rational to understand that things like
proficiency, education, legacy, familiarity, environment,
future-proofing affect the decision of which language to use.
It's totally rational, and a reason why adoption needs to climb a
much higher barrier than simply noting, oh this is much better,
just switch.
It's like going to a guitarist and trying to have him switch a
guitar he played for his lifetime just saying here, this one has
less noise, why are you so irrational, it's clearly better.