Tail pad optimization, cache friendlyness and C++ interrop

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 21:06:50 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 18 June 2014 at 21:57:40 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> Granted infinite resources. Good, now that we ruled that thing
> out, can we talk about the subject, or do we need to continue
> talking about imaginary things ?

No, finite resources, and that is only a worst case upper bound.
It does not preclude the possibility of doing better. It also
does not say how much work it is in the typical case e.g. the
kind of programs you wrote when you try to make code @safe.

What it does prove is that the problem is computable, that is a
major difference. Please note that the halting problem does not
address difficulty but analytical computability.

In the real world you work with typical programs that run on
finite resources guided by heuristics. There is no proof that you
cannot have @safe. So leave that line of arguing. It is
fundamentally flawed.