A Perspective on D from game industry

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 27 01:11:10 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-27 03:16, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> There's other times I've had to get by without debuggers too. Like, in
> the earlier days of web dev, it was common to not have a debugger. Or
> debugging JS problems that only manifested on Safari (I assume Safari
> probably has JS diagnostics/debugging now, but it didn't always. That
> was a pain.)

These days there is something called Firebug Lite [1]. It's like Firebug
but it's written purely in JavaScript. That means you can use it like a
booklet in browsers like IE6, iPhone or other phones that doesn't have a
debugger. I think it's even better than the one in latest IE. The
downside is, if there's a JavaScript error the debugger might not run :(.

[1] https://getfirebug.com/firebuglite

--
/Jacob Carlborg