Dart and D: features that could be used in D, D->dart for web programming

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Mar 1 07:31:39 PST 2014

Jacob Carlborg:

> We could quite easy add support for named parameters but still
> require using the same position of the arguments. I don't know
> if those wanting named parameters would be satisfied with this
> though.

I think requiring the same position of the arguments goes against
one of the main points of having named arguments.

A (temporarily?) solution to Walter's problem (has someone shown
examples of the problem?) is to just not allow the use of named
arguments for overloaded functions. This is not a large problem
because when you have named arguments, you have less need for
function overloading.

Bye,
bearophile