D, Dub and distributions

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 10:55:32 PST 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 17:42 +0000, Dicebot wrote:
[…]
> I'd expect it to be rejected until it is in Debian repositories.
> It is a common practice to require build tools only available
> from main repos.

Waf is packaged by Fedora but not Debian. SCons and CMake are packaged
by both. Many Debian packagers hate anything that isn't Autotools –
which is packaged by both – loudly so :-(

Looks like I work with a SCons build (*) and think of switching to Dub
as and when Debian and Fedora package it.

(*) which could be deemed somewhat ironic given I am driving the SCons D
tool development.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk