Broken?

Mathias LANG pro.mathias.lang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:45:18 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 11 March 2014 at 19:27:40 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> It already works that way. Only thing is not obvious is actual
> decision point as it is rarely announced. And as any such topic
> is inherently controversial, making decision that satisfies
> everyone is rarely possible and debates often continue even
> after decision point.
>
> To be honest I think real problem is directly the opposite -
> decision process is too vague and limited by the bottleneck of
> Andrei & Walter participation. Making it more distributed and
> formalized can help - and this is more of a technical/tooling
> issue.

I tend to agree with you. Someone once pointed out that we should
set goals for release. Hence, Walter said we should emphasize on
ICE for 2.064, and from what I know it turned out to be a good
idea.
AFAIK no such thing was done for 2.065, neither for DMD or Phobos
(or I missed it).

For example, you can see that the stream API is quite old and
needs replacement:
http://dlang.org/library/index.html

However, I didn't see anything related to the deprecation, the
why and what's needed, neither in the bugzilla (searched both
'stream' and 'std.stream') nor in the DIPs.