Final by default?

Mike none at none.com
Wed Mar 12 22:31:14 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 04:56:31 UTC, Sarath Kodali wrote:

> That is true if your code is under active development. What if
> you had a production code that was written 2 years back?
>
> - Sarath

Code that I wrote 2 years ago in GCC 4.7, is still compiled with
the same compiler binary that I used to develop and test it.  I
don't upgrade my tools until I'm not ready handle the risk of
change.  But that doesn't prevent me from using the latest
version of the compiler for my latest project.

I also have projects still being built in Embedded Visual C++ 6
for the same reason.

If evolution of the language and tools is a risk, I don't think
it's wise to upgrade.

Mike