Broken?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Mar 12 23:14:00 PDT 2014

On 3/12/2014 8:49 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> The "perpetual design" stage of D has ended. We've made our bed, it's
>> time to lie in it.
>
> If you don't change your bed once in a while, it will start to smell. A
> language dies if it doesn't keep a subgroup of people for its design,
> and when necessarily its redesign.

Very true (see C++ and why D was needed ;) ), but of course the
"perpetual design" stage of *D2* is over. I can certainly see an
eventual D3 or D++ or E or whatever (with a smoother upgrade path than
D1->D2), but not until D2 matures further.

At some point we have to dial back on breaking changes and let things
settle before the next round of "bedding changes".