Recent discussion about discussions

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Thu Mar 13 02:34:56 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 12 March 2014 at 18:11:52 UTC, bossfong wrote:
> As a "new kid", I'm really baffled by by how much discussion in
> the developers scene is done in mailing lists.
> I strongly believe that mailing-lists are not suited for heated
> discussions on very specific issues. I even belive it's
> counter-productive when comparing the discussion flow with
> modern forum software.
> By modern forum software I mean discussion centric software
> like disqus[1].
>
> My appeal is it to switch to a more modern forum software (even
> though I value really much, that the current webforum is
> implemented in D).
>
> Is there anything specific holding us back?
>
> [1] http://disqus.com

I too primarily use the web forum to follow this newsgroup and
find the widespread use of mailing lists to this day baffling.  I
understand that there are those like Walter or H.S. Teoh who have
a long-standing workflow with newsgroup readers and email
clients, so it's great that we can each access the discussion in
the form that suits us best.  However, I'm not a fan of disqus.

You need to be more specific about what you want that the current
web forum, DFeed, doesn't provide.  It is open source and you can
contribute to it here:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed