Recent discussion about discussions

bossfong bossfong at posteo.de
Thu Mar 13 11:31:44 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 12:34:10 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> You can use NNTP and a competent newsreader, I suggest opera
> mail.

Having to install a new program on my computer just to read D
news is not really an option to me and possibly many newcomers.

> I can instantly search all posts from all years in Opera. I can
> read posts offline if I don't have access.
>
>> By modern forum software I mean discussion centric software
>> like disqus[1].
>
> The only thing extra it provides is voting. We could
> potentially add voting to the forum software, but I won't use
> it, since I use NNTP.

That would be great, but as you said, people like you won't be
able to see it, which somewhat defeats its purpose.