Final by default?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Mar 15 04:32:28 PDT 2014

Daniel Murphy:

> This is nonsense.  I tried out the warning on some of my
> projects, and they required ZERO changes - because it's a
> warning!
>
> Phobos requires 37 "virtual:"s to be added - or just change the
> makefile to use '-wi' instead of '-w'.  Druntime needed 25.

Andrei has decided to not introduce "final by default" because he
thinks it's a too much large breaking change. So your real world
data is an essential piece of information to perform an informed
decision on this topic (so much essential that I think deciding
before having such data is void decision). So are you willing to
perform your analysis on some other real D code? Perhaps dub?

Bye,
bearophile