Appropriateness of posts

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Mar 17 15:12:11 PDT 2014

On 3/17/2014 5:14 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 21:13:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>> So basically everybody adapts to american broadcast standards?
>
> You come to country, you accept its culture. It is expected attitude.

American broadcast standards have nothing to do with american culture,
they're famously disconnected. That's the problem with them and (I
assume) what Ola was pointing out: Try not to offend anyone (as the FCC
implicitly forces broadcasters to do), and you're automatically adopting
the sub-culture of the craziest, biggest knee-jerkers in existence, no
matter how uncommon and non-representative their "get offended any
anything and everything" actually is.

Personally I'm offended by knee-jerk ethics (I'm not being coy about
that, I really do find it highly offensive), which throws the whole idea
of not offending anyone right out the window.