Appropriateness of posts

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:42:44 PDT 2014

On 3/23/14, 13:13, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 March 2014 at 18:08:09 UTC, 1100110 wrote:
>> I just want to point out that somehow the thread about how we need to
>> maintain a professional attitude in the forums deteriorated into
>> discussing in depth racism.
>
> Actually, racism was not discussed. What was discussed was cultural bias
> in what is appropriate using racial terms as an example.

Tomato, tomato.  I just found it slightly amusing that this is where the
conversation went, not trying to call anyone or say that anything said
was racist. I realize too late that my message could be interpreted in a
way I didn't intend.

> However, I do question the public slandering of Ramon in a thread about
> appropriateness of posts. I don't think there is any cultural bias in that.

Yeah... I think I would have been ok with that had he been using an
obvious alias(Anonymous, etc) or at least wasn't mentioned by name...

It does seem in poor taste.