Should we deprecate comma?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:13:24 PDT 2014

On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 01:16:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/23/14, 6:09 PM, bearophile wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>>
>>> Discuss:
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3399
>>
>> Are you going to listen to people in this thread or are just
>> going to
>> say that people in the newsgroup are not representative of the
>> whole
>> community of D users?
>
> Argumentum ad populum has low pull on me. Come with good
> arguments, not "half a dozen people can't be wrong".

It is understood, but this has been discussed to death, and
yourself agreed in the past that this was to be done.

The topic has been recurrent for 5 years. It could have been
through the deprecation process several time by now.

Points goes as follow :
  - This construct has little usefulness.
  - It create hard to debug bugs (if you switch , and ; in typo
for instance).
  - It prevents moving forward with tuples/multiple returns value
with a nice syntax.
  - Most people hate it.

Why is that we need to either cast thing in stone or change by
breaking everything Atila style ? The more we wait, the greater
the pain.