Remove link from github to phobos mailing list?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 06:43:50 PDT 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:32:13 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems the phobos forum here: http://forum.dlang.org/group/phobos
>
> Has become little more than a mirror of github activity.
>
> Can github activity be auto-mailed to whoever subscribes? If so, why do
> we need a special mailing list to chronicle github messages?
>
> Similar issues with druntime/dmd-internals. I haven't received a message
> that was simply addressed to that list in a long long time, everything
> seems to be github activity.

BTW, for anyone who is interested, I created a mail filter with the
following rules, and it has worked since then to remove all the commits
 from the mailing list feed:

Deliver to "Trash" if

     Sender contains "noreply at github.com"
     Recipient contains "puremagic.com"

This captures all commit messages that are sent to a mailing list that are
not github discussions on PRs. All normal mailing list traffic sent by a
person are properly received.

Still doesn't fix the web forum, which I think is completely useless at
this point. Maybe the above filter can be employed to ignore the messages
for the forum software? Will x-post to enhancement request at dfeed.

-Steve