Why is there still a web archive for the newsgroup?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 23 03:40:06 PDT 2014

I was just googling for some info and I ran across the old web
archive:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/radical_ideas_about_GC_and_ARC_need_to_be_time_driven_231949.html

Why is this web archive being kept around?  It means that there
are three different places where any particular newsgroup message
is archived, the web forums,

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lkltve$2u2t$1@digitalmars.com

the web archive created by the mailing list,

http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/digitalmars-d/2014-May/197973.html

and the old web archive, with its horribly outdated look and
incorrect formatting of messages.  All three show up in google
results for D-related topics, likely confusing users about where
to access the newsgroup.

If nothing else, perhaps crawlers should be told not to index
those domains, if you still want to keep the webpages around for
whatever reason, so that only forum.dlang.org shows up on google.
  I think the old web archive should be taken down, as I doubt
anybody uses it.