auto-tester hardware donations

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 25 07:54:24 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:58:08 UTC, Brad Roberts via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> As discussed a little at the conference, the auto-tester is
> almost always hardware bound.  In other words, it's building
> flat out 24/7.  More hardware == faster updates to build
> status.  If anyone wants to provide hardware to help there's a
> number of ways to do so.  Here's my order of preference:
>
> 1) you have a machine you host somewhere and can provide me
> remote access to.
>     - this could be a bare metal host or a vm
> 2) you have a machine that you're willing to send to me
> 3) you're willing to fund equipment purchase or vm rental
>
> At this point, I'd MUCH rather have hardware that doesn't live
> in my house.  I've got too many already.  But I also don't want
> to turn down good equipment.  So, please reach out to me
> privately if you'd like to help out: braddr at puremagic.com
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Would there be any way to be able to set-up and configure the
machines on our end, and to "register" them into the auto-testers
once they are ready to go?

It feels unfair that even if the machine is in my home, that it's
still you who has to maintain it. In particular, I imagine you'd
be powerless to do much of anything when you can't remote into
the machine...