New pointer type for GC

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 10:35:16 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 17:27:20 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Adding GC pointer type does not enable anything that you can't
> do write now for high-level applications and does not help at
> all low-level applications. It is niche solution.

A niche solution is fine by me. Etienne has expressed interest in
creating a D to asm.js converter. Now, maybe the current D is not
suitable for that, but perhaps a dialect of D would be. I could
back that. That makes two who are interested. Add 2-3 more people
and we could have a train going to a station that is nicheā€¦ but
productive.