Redesign of dlang.org

Kapps via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 13:52:54 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 19:49:22 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> After watching Andrei's keynote where he was asking for help,
> and noticing that there wasn't any proof of someone working on
> this, I took charge.
>
> http://w0rp.com:8010/
>
> That's the design in the form of a single page website running
> on my Linode. The source is available here.
>
> https://github.com/w0rp/new-dlang.org

I definitely like it. It scales fairly nicely, and works on high
DPI screens very nicely thanks to the lack of non-svg images
(excluding the Twitter bar which is somewhat lower quality
because it uses low-res pngs for avatars). If the logo gets
replaced, I'd like to see it remain SVG.

One thing that's a bit broken is that "Modern convenience.
Modelling power. Native efficiency." wraps to put "efficiency."
on a different line. Perhaps the text should be made smaller
there. Another thing that I'd like to see is a much more
prominent download button. It's definitely easier to find with
this redesign, but a prominent download button is one of the most
important things when you're trying to get someone to try
something, right after a useful code sample (ideally with the
mentioned REPL).