DerelictBgfx not shipping core libs.

olivier henley via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 5 22:44:48 PST 2014

Hi,

May I ask what is the rational to not ship the core libs with the
bgfx D wrapper? From my point of view it defies the main goal of
using a D wrapper.

1. How can we promote the wrapper package if it implies to build
not one, as of ... only bgfx, but two packages, bgfx and
DerelictBgfx? Better stick to c/c++ then, and enjoy the path of
least resistance. Don't you think?

2. Does the maintainer guaranty his wrapper will stay in sync
with further changes of bgfx?

3. Is there anything in the license refraining from shipping
precompiled libs of the original package? (e.g. To my knowledge
tkd publishes similar binaries (tcl and tk) without further legal
complications.)

4. Am I missing something except the fact that a neophyte to the
DerelictBgfx package is left with an incomplete build, of both
the lib and the examples, an anemic README.md and a dead forum
(http://dblog.aldacron.net/forum/index.php?topic=841.0)?

Thank you,

olivier