D 2.066.1: Assertion failure: '0' on line 2022 in file 'mtype.c'

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 04:34:11 PST 2014

"Andre"  wrote in message news:qaknrsxlgbgzkhljvflj at forum.dlang.org...

> Hi,
>
> after the update from 2.066 to 2.066.1
> DMD gives following output:
>
> Assertion failure: '0' on line 2022 in file 'mtype.c'
> abnormal program termination
>
> Unfortunatelly I do not know how to create a reproducible
> example as the error occurs in a huge application.
>
> DMD doesn't give me more information. I try to find out more
> (reproducible example).
>
> Kind regards
> André

Based on the location of the error, I'd guess it's to do with passing a
delegate to a templated function / as a template argument. (but it's
possible it's not a delegate)

To find the error:
- Run dmd with '-v', it should tell you which function it was compiling when
it crashed (the last one it lists).  Once you know the function it should be
easier to determine which bit of code causes the crash.
- Or use dustmite to reduce the test case.