Microsoft now giving away VS 2013

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 01:04:16 PST 2014

On 14 November 2014 06:21, Joakim via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 13:59:32 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 08:50:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>>>

>>> So, how to write a source-to-source compiler from CS to D…? ;-)
>>

>> I think it would be more useful would be to go the other way around for
>> targeting Windows Phone.  Or rather, it would be if anyone actually used WP.
>> (Going after Microsoft's also-ran mobile OS isn't particularly compelling
>> when our story for targeting Android is still in such a dire state.)
>

> Dire state?  All druntime/phobos tests pass on Android/x86, except for
> std.datetime:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Build_DMD_for_Android
>
> OK, that's not ARM that everybody cares about, but that just means combining
> an ARM backend from ldc or gdc and the existing linux/ARM and Android
> support in druntime/phobos, then hacking around the lack of native TLS on
> Android.  gdc supposedly supports emulated TLS, so all the pieces should be

Just missing a piece of runtime that ties emuTLS with the D GC.
Currently there's a deadlock situation between the GC allocating new
memory, and the emuTLS layer adding a new root for the GC to scan.
Should be trivial to make it work, but I haven't yet got back to
investing time in it.

Iain.