std.experimental.logger formal review round 3

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 14 13:22:19 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 19:59:21 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> IMO this defeats the design goal off having the default case
> very easy and just working. Therefore, I think thread local
> global Logger and how to make them interact is something that
> should be left to the advanced user.

How so? For casual end user hardly anything changes.

Right now there is a single shared stdlog singleton
(configurable). I propose to rename it to something like
stdlog_shared and provide thread-local stdlog singletons which by
default will simply forward calls to stdlog_shared. That way
default case will work exactly like it does now but it will make
possible for advanced user to implement bulk loggers while still
using same `stdlog` entry point (which is crucial in my opinion)