Why is `scope` planned for deprecation?

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 16 14:19:16 PST 2014

Am 16.11.2014 um 20:59 schrieb "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>":
> On Sunday, 16 November 2014 at 19:24:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> This made C far, far more difficult and buggy to work with than it
>> should have been.
>
> Depends on your view of C, if you view C as step above assembly then it
> makes sense to treat everything as pointers. It is a bit confusing in
> the beginning since it is more or less unique to C.

My view is of a "kind of" portable macro assembler, even MASM and TASM
were more feature rich back in the day.

Actually I remember reading a DDJ article about a Texas Instruments
Assembler that looked like C, just with one simple expression per line.

So you could not do

a = b + c * 4;

rather

r0 = b
r1 = c
r1 *= 4
r0 += r1

Just an idea, I don't remember any longer how it actually was.

--
Paulo