[OT] unbelievable: #ifdef _OTHER_LIB_H

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 26 13:46:08 PST 2014

On 11/26/14, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> That's in the xterm source code. Yes, it depends on the presence
> of a particular include guard.

Oh you should know how much trouble I went through when I was building
my C++ wrapping tool (initially just a wxWidgets wrapping tool). The
include stuff was 90% of the mess. So much frustration with *order of
inclusions*. It's probably *the* reason why I completely burnt-out on
continuing working on tool after several months.

I can't believe there are brand-new programming languages being
developed where the author(s) still insist(s) on textual inclusion.
I'm sorry, but the detour you took with that simple decision causes an
insane mess for both the tools and the end-user, don't repeat the
mistake of C and C++ anymore, please! D's modules are a **massive
blessing**.