Phobos - breaking existing code

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 28 19:42:02 PST 2014

On Saturday, 29 November 2014 at 02:59:07 UTC, Mike wrote:

>> the people who got tired of constant code breakage and left,
>
> Speculation without measurement.  But I'll have you know my
> usage of D has declined significantly because it is missing
> features I want/need.  It is also for this reason that I have
> not advocated its usage to my employer.  How many users have
> been lost because they tried it and found it lacking or
> inefficient, not because of code breakage?  I know of 2.

Walter, I want you to know, that I love D.  It is an awesome
language with enormous potential.  But it needs to break with a
few of the decisions from the past (very few, but significant),
and follow through on a few things (like the scope ref
proposals).  IMO, it's *almost* there.  If I(we) can ever get it
there, it will likely be the last language I ever use.

Mike