How to build phobos docs for dlang.org

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 1 10:58:16 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 05:11:47PM +0000, Mark Isaacson via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 09:00:51 UTC, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> >On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 06:29:46 UTC, Mark Isaacson wrote:
> >
> >>I hereby volunteer to document whatever answer I am given.
> >
> >already done http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD#Building_the_Docs
>
> I saw this yesterday and followed the instructions but was unable to
> get it to work. At a minimum, the first 'make' does not do anything
> and the 'generated/linux/default' directory does not exist. I see
> 'generated/linux/64' instead if I use the posix.mak file. If I proceed
> using that directory instead, I end up with the same problem: Now when
> I run the phobos html build it does format everything in the dlang.org
> colors, but I'm still missing std_container.html.

Here's what I do:

	cd /path/to/dlang.org
	make -f posix.mak html
	cp -rf web /path/to/webdir/

	cd /path/to/phobos
	make -f posix.mak html
	cp -rf ../web /path/to/webdir/

This installs the Phobos docs in /path/to/webdir/web/phobos-prerelease/*
(note, by default it does NOT install to ../web/phobos/*). So assuming
your webserver root points to /path/to/webdir, you can then point your
browser to:

	http://your.web.server/web/phobos-prerelease/std_container.html

Let me know if this still doesn't help.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.