D Parsing (again)/ D grammar

Vladimir Kazanov via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 2 14:53:36 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 21:26:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Nice! If you manage to get a GLL generator for D (or C++) going
> I'd love to try it out.

You will definitely hear about it here :-) I don't know yet if
the parser itself will be worth the trouble, but a more or less
complete resulting blog post with tests/results/examples will
definitely see the world.

> The only general parser generator I've tested so far is the
> Tomita-style GLR parser called DParser, but IIRC the
> documentation could need some improvement:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dparser/

Yes, I know this one. A scannerless GLR parser. GLRs are trendy
these days :) Easy to find many more, there's even an Emacs mode
using GLR for Ada parsing.