eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 4 02:56:36 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 4 October 2014 at 09:36:37 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 October 2014 at 08:45:57 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
> wrote:

> Yeah, I wish to know the rationale for asynchronous joysticks.

Not only that, also the computer *averaged* the inputs (I am
really at loss with that, in a plane. If there is a mountain in
front of the plane, and one pilot pulls left, while the other
pilot pulls right, the computer makes the "smart" decision to fly
ahead straight throught the mountain.)

At least if it would let you know: "the other post is giving me
other inputs! I warn you, I am averaging the inputs!". It did not
warn. As the right seat has been pulling all back, the left seat
saw nothing else that the plane did not respond (or very little)
to his own inputs. He, following his inputs, have no feedback
about how the plane is reacting. Not knowing the other is pulling
back, all that he saw was an iressponsive plane.

Anyway, systems might be blamed. But the attitude of that guy who
never informed the others that he was pulling back for a quarter
of hour is the issue there.